The present world (2020) brought to us big challenges. Made us to review our priorities and adapt ourselves to new ways of working and living. Despite of our best effort, it is difficulty for most of us to stay organized and focused. We often get busier, anxious and stressed. We struggle to be on top of our daily schedules and at the same time to stay focused on what matters. Fortunately, we have tools available, like PLANNERS, that can help us to make our lives easier and more peaceful.
A PLANNER comes in handy indeed. It can be an incredible tool for keeping you on track, more organized, more motivated, focused, and therefore, achieve your goals quicker, whatever they are. But how to choose the ideal planner for you out of all 2021 best planners out there?
That’s my mission today, to guide you to identify what you need from a planner and give you some tips that, hopefully, will help you to choose the right 2021 planner for you.
This blog post contains affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost for you), that help me cover my blogging expenses.
Why You Should Have Some Kind Of Planner
You need a system to stay focused, more organized, and to help increase your overall quality of life. On top of all the benefits we already mentioned, with a planner you can:
- Significantly boost your productivity
- Easily identify your daily priorities
- Make more intentional choices for a balanced life
- Make your mundane tasks more fun and creative
- Hit your goals quicker
- Have more peace of mind
- Be more motivated and in a high vibration
Types of Planners
There are many types of planners available for you to choose from. They go from full planners to printables. Although we can’t cover all of them here or put them all in one box, I tried to highlight below the main ones and give you a very high level overview of its purpose and features plus some examples of each one of them. The aim is to help you to have a much better idea of the types of planner that are out there.
- Life Planners: This type of planners involve a full year in one fell swoop. It features self awareness, self-discovery, yearly, monthly, weekly and daily planner plus end reviews. Often it is a very detailed plan, and of course, more expensive ones. Be aware that it will require some effort and time to fill it out and keep it up to date. It is great if you are looking for one in all kind of thing. A good example of this kind of planners is Clever Fox Planner. Check out a full review of Clever Fox Pro planner, so you can have a better idea in relation to the features this kind of planner has to offer to you.
- Lighter Planners: I call it lighter planners as it is not a full planner like the life planner, however, it still gives you yearly, monthly and weekly views. Most of them have a more detailed weekly and daily planner. There are many variations out there but most of them allow you to see all twelve months at-a-glance on one page as well as your full week. They are a perfect choice for individuals who need a detailed daily schedule for example, as often you can schedule down to the minute, since there are specific time slots. A good example of this kind of planner is the Spiral Bound Organizer from Planner Pad. Check it out to get a better idea of its features.
- Journal Planners: The main thing about journal planners is that it gives room to flexibility! You have the freedom to organize your planner as you wish. The way that serves you the best. However, be aware that there is no formal structure on this kind of planner. You need to do all the work. I personally use journal more for journaling than planner. There is a great post about How to Use Journaling to Calm your Mind if you interested.
- Specific planners: If you are looking for something more specific, then you should get a planner that is designed to help you with that matter. For instance, if you want to monitor your weight loss, you might want a planner featuring an exercise journal and a daily calorie log. As a parent, you might want a planner that allows you to track your children’s schedules in addition to your own, or even a meal planner or family planner. The same if you want a planner to track your finance, then definitely get a Budget Planner. There are planners for everything, believe me everything. To help you, check out a list of planners I consider everybody should have, it is called The essential tool kit.
- Printable planners: Printable planners are also amazing as you have more freedom to “build” your own planner. You can choose from a huge variety of planners, then select the number of pages you want, print them according to your needs and put it all in a binder “creating your own planner”. They are cheaper, easier to use and practical. Another thing about printable planners is that you can print out a few sheets for a test run. If they do not work for you as you have hoped, you can move on to something else. I have created a bunch of printable planners that you can have a look at Inner Bloomy shop, but I would like to highlight here the Bloomy Monthly Set Planner. It can help you in determining your goals, developing a plan, and striving to achieve them on a weekly/daily basis. It is divided in 5 steps (1.Goal Setting; 2. Action Plan; 3. Monthly Planner; 4. Weekly Planner; 5. Daily Routine. Check it out. It might be the one for you.
How to Identify your Needs and Choose the Right Planner for 2021
With so many options, you probably are still wondering what is the best 2021 planner for you? The sad news is there is no one size fits ts all planner. Certainty, any type of planners described above can be helpful in keeping you organized, but choose the right one will ensure you will use it in the best way, be more effective and get much more done, and it really depends on your intention and lifestyle.
However, to help you identify your needs and choose the right planner, here are some points to consider.
1. List your needs: First of all, define what your are looking out of a planner. What is your intention? What do you want to track and how often?
2. Prioritize features: Once you defined what are your needs, I recommend you to prioritize what planner features are important to you. Fill the 3-column table using the labels below, as appropriate. This way, you will be able to focus on what is more important to you.
A = Must Have
B = Nice to Have
C = Not really important to me
3. Effort to keep the planner up-to-date: Based on the prioritization in the previous step, define how much effort & time it will be required for you to keep your planner up-to-date and how much time you are willing to spend filling in your planner.
4. Price/Benefit: How much are you willing to spend on your planner?
5. Select Your Planner: After you have gone through the steps above, it is time for you to choose your planner. Do not grab any planner that comes your way, hoping it will work out. By doing so, you are energetically and psychologically telling yourself that your time is not that important. Conversely, if you take a few moments to make a wise choice about your personal planner, you are telling yourself that you are serious about taking control of your schedule, and your life will be infinitely better because of it.
6. Effectiveness: Work with any planner you choose for at least one month before evaluating its effectiveness. If it does not work for you, then you may want to consider something different.
Below is a simple table that can help you to assess your needs and decide the best planner for you.
Tips on How to Stick with the Planner
It can be very easy to fall off-target when working with your planner, even with the best of intentions. Whether you want to work out regularly, achieve more every day, or you want to shed a few pounds, the following tips will help you to stick to your plan on a daily basis.
- Be specific by making your plan short and simple
- Be realist when doing your plans. Allocate the right time for each activity
- Create and prioritize your task lists
- Tick off activities you have got done. It will keep you motivated
- Create a track and reward system
- Believe in yourself
- Visualize yourself achieving the plan
- Surround yourself with people who are working toward (or have accomplished) that same goal
- Commit yourself to use the planner
- Create the habit of using it every day
Final thoughts on 2021 best planners
Life does not seem to slow down. But if you cannot keep it all straight, getting a 2021 planner might just be the thing for you. Choose the one that suits you the most using the suggested steps highlighted in this post. This is a guaranteed way to give your brain a break from having to remember everything you need to do. Furthermore, it will keep you on track focused, knowing that you are moving towards your goals every day.
Remember, you are in control of your life. You can manifest everything you want if you clearly know what you want, have the right type of mindset, and are ready to take action.
Wishing you all the best and a great 2021.