WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR?
How often do you ask this question to yourself? There are so many things going on around us, so much noisy, so much information, that rarely we take the time to express gratitude for all the good things we already have in our lives. Furthermore, we tend to focus on what is not right, what we don’t have and so on.
But, if only we knew how much benefit daily gratitude can bring to our lives, we wouldn’t hesitate. Actually, it just takes few seconds of reflection to realise how much beauty and abundance there are in our lives and around us right now.
Let’s do a test? Do you have food every day; a house to come back; a hot shower; family and friends to support you? Chances are that you have it all and much more, but there are so many people out there that don’t have any of these. So… Be Grateful!!!
I invite you to dive in and understand the importance of gratitude in life, its benefits, and how it works. In additional to that, I will give you 5 tips to implement it in your life today. Come with me!
A Powerful Tool Available To You For Free
Gratitude, accordingly to the Collins dictionary, it is the state of FEELING grateful. Feeling is the word here as it’s the cosmic glue; it’s what connects you with the Universe; it’s what gives you that sense of Oneness. Gratitude is not about beautiful words you say. They must come from your heart, with feelings.
Humanity is going through a huge transformation, and thankfully, more and more people are becoming aware of the power of gratitude. Famous people like Tony Robbins, Oprah Winfrey, Bob Proctor and so many others practice Gratitude. They know that success starts being grateful for what you have in your life today. However, the majority of people don’t understand what it can really does for us, and many, even knowing, just not do that.
There are loads of great reasons why expressing Gratitude is worthwhile and there are also many studies supporting it. However, I would like to highlight 3 huge benefits that, from my point of view, are enough to convince ourselves to start to practice gratitude straight away.
- Elevates your vibration: Energy is everything. When you express gratitude it immediately changes your energy and put yourself in a higher state of vibration. This is what makes us feel great and dictates our success. Do you have an important task to perform? Try to practice gratitude before executing this task. Think about the desired outcome and be grateful for that. Watch the results (and let me know!).
- Opens yourself to receive more: The more grateful you are the more good you will attract in your life. That’s the law of attraction. I like this statement from Wallace Wattles in “The Science of Getting Rich “The grateful mind is constantly fixed upon the best. Therefore, it tends to become the best; it takes the form or character of the best and will receive the best”.
- Improves your life: Gratitude makes you to focus on the POSITIVE side of things; feel HAPPIER; improves your RELATIONSHIPS; helps to get a BETTER SLEEP; boosts your SELF-ESTEEM; helps you to be more CONFIDENT and the list goes on and on.
OK, That’s Exciting But…. How Does It Work?
Simple! All you need to do is to take 10min and get into that feeling of Gratitude then, write down what are you grateful for. Yes, that’s it. I love the simplicity of Gratitude. However, to put a bit more of structure on that, I describe below the practice of Gratitude in 3 simple steps.
– That is an important step to help you to get into that feeling of gratitude. First of all, you need to FREE YOUR MIND from any problem or worry. Meditation or just a deep breath will do it for you. It doesn’t require more than 2-3min. Personally, I like to do meditation while listening some relaxing music.
– The second step is to think about what are you grateful for. I like to start being grateful for my family and loved ones. Pick someone or something that you really care about. It will help you to get even deeper into that feeling of love and gratitude. WRITE DOWN 10 things or how many you want. The number is not important. As you get more into that habit of Gratitude you can also include things you want to happen or have in your life.
– Finally, think about people that are bothering you and send love to them or simply SEND LOVE to people you care about or to the world. I also like in the end to ASK FOR GUIDANCE for the day. Sometimes, I write down 3 words that come to my mind (patience, calmness, etc).
I have being practicing Gratitude for years by now. It is part of my daily morning routine. I know it works. I feel much more connected and a high vibration. It literally sets the mood of my day. If for some reason I can’t do it in the morning, I just think about it. Actually, I very often get myself being grateful for little things throughout the day, for example, that hot coffee in a cold day or that beautiful sunny day. Once you get into this habit you do it without thinking. It’s beautiful!
5 Tips To Start Gratitude Today
- Make the decision: Most people know the benefits of expressing daily gratitude but they, simply, don’t do that. All that you need is the WILL to do that. Make the decision and get into this habit today. Don’t procrastinate! Start it now!
- Create a Gratitude Journal: It will help you to keep motivated and on track, besides it will inspire you. There are many options out there. I will leave you with some suggestions below. However, doesn’t matter which one you use, just start it and you will be amazed by the results.
Do it Yourself: Yes….this is my first Gratitude notebook :).
As you can see, it is a normal notebook. You can be more creative, but really, that’s all you need to get started.
Gratitude Journal: Today, I use a proper one :).
They are amazing and inspirational. Most of them come with daily gratitude quotes or daily gratitude affirmations. It is really worthwhile to invest in a nice one. Check out some options.
- Make it a daily habit: I have set aside 10min of my daily morning routine for it. It’s a habit. Have a specific time will help you to build this habit, furthermore, you won’t forget to practice it every day. If you have a life planner, like Clever Fox Pro Planner, you can track it there. It’s said that it takes 20 to 30 days to create a habit. So, keep track of it till you feel it became a habit indeed.
- Keep it simple: Do not complicate. Keep it simple. As I mentioned before, start with things that are more meaningful to you; think about that moment with your family to get into that feeling of love; then think about that cup of coffee with your loved ones, and only then, you can improve it and add things you want to happen or have in your life.
- Get some help to start: The Magic is an inspirational and practical book that I truly recommend. That’s a perfect book to start with as it guides you into 28 days of gratitude. It is one exercise a day. I keep going back to it all the time; sometimes I do the full 28 days; other times I choose the areas I need the most. Check it out.
So… Are You Ready To Implement Gratitude In You Life?
Now that you know the importance of gratitude in life, how simple it is and tools you can use to help you to get started, make the decision. Start it today. Start it now.
By the way, I’m very grateful to have you here and I really hope it inspires you. I would love to hear from you. If you have any questions or want to share your experience, leave a comment below.